Saskatoon Travel Accommodation: Choosing a Bed & Breakfast information, listings and links
Bed & Breakfasts are an inexpensive way to stay in Saskatoon, and provide you the opportunity to see how Saskatoonians live. Most are members of the Saskatchewan Country Vacations Association (306 731-2646), and all are required to be licensed by the City. Here are some of their more important standards:
- Single room minimum size is 75 sq. ft., double room at least 100 sq.ft.
- Proper beds in each guest room and clothes closet or clothes butler in each room
- $1 million public liability insurance as a B&B
- Smoke detectors located in each guest bedroom and on each floor of the home
- Bedroom windows must allow an emergency exit for guest.
- Two kilogram ABC fire extinguishers appropriately located and visible on each floor
- Individual towels available for each guest, changed and washed regularly
This required documentation includes:
- A Province of Saskatchewan - Itinerant Use Accommodation - License: signed by a Public Health Officer
- A Province of Saskatchewan - Safe Food Handling - Certificate: signed by a Public Health Officer
- A City of Saskatoon - Business License: up-to-date for the current year
- SCVA Accredited Members will have an Accreditation/Membership Certificate: up-to-date for the current year.